Suicide is a tragedy for individuals, families, friends and communities. Every year over 800,000 people die from suicide globally; this corresponds to one death every 40 seconds and 3 times as many men die from suicide than women.
Suicide rates in the South West and across England have increased since 2007, with an average of 460 suicide and undetermined deaths in the region per year. Cornwall’s suicide rate is higher than the national average. Most people who attempt suicide have reasons to live and do not want to die but don’t always know how to ask for help or where to seek help. Our training is designed to identify how to help a person at risk of suicide.
Suicide Awareness (Including Suicide F.I.R.S.T. A.I.D.)
The full day courses involves a comprehensive and interactive learning experience giving delegates the time to explore scenarios and discuss and form plans for moving forward.
Conference Session Delivery
Suicide Awareness – An introduction
Duration: Approx. 30-45 mins to suit need
The South West is part of the ‘Towards Zero Suicide’ collaborative creating an environment where everyone has the opportunity to be able to share how they feel before acting on any suicidal thoughts or plans they have. By sharing how they feel people at risk are able to find another way – rather than suicide.
This course is best delivered over a full day in order to gain the comprehensive learning experience. By the end of the course, participants will:
- Be able to identify people at risk of suicide
- Understand the complexities of why people contemplate suicide
- Be able to deliver a Suicide F.I.R.S.T. A.I.D. Intervention
- Feel more confident about helping a person at risk
- Understand that asking someone about suicide can help save a life
- Have examined their own thoughts and feelings about suicide
- Practice as a Suicide First Aider
Course Packages Available
- Please contact us to find out more and discuss your options. We offer a FREE consultation to discuss your company’s needs before putting together a bespoke training package for you.
- Timings can be tailored to suit you and half day versions are available.
- Shift patterns can be accommodated.
- All our courses have been tried and tested resulting in excellent feedback and recommendations. Read what people are saying.
- Certificates are given to all attendees who complete the courses