We all know it’s best practice now to look after the well being of your workforce so it’s ‘carrot’ not ‘stick’ all the way – if you’re doing it right!
So here is a list of 5 reasons why it pays to invest in your workforce:
1) Sick workers are expensive workers…Fewer sick days means more working hours.
2) Productivity increases… Health and productivity are directly related so employers are wise to consider this factor carefully when designing and implementing wellness programs for their workers.
3) Happiness improves… Our health impacts on our every day mood and companies that wish to retain the best workers know this. Wellness programs reflect an emphasis on stress-reduction and self-care in an effort to improve health and happiness in tandem.
4) It demonstrates employee-centricity… Most people won’t be happy for long working for a company that demonstrates they don’t value their health, happiness or well being.
5) Good health fuels engagement and heightens creativity… A recent study in the British Journal of Health Psychology found that the more fruits and vegetables people ate the happier, more engaged and more creative they tended to be. These foods encourage the production of dopamine which is known to enhance curiosity, motivation and engagement.
To see read the article by Gina Bell in full, visit www.payscale.com (5 Reasons Your Employer Wants You to Be Healthy).
In the meantime… get the fruit out at work!
Be well… Karen.